Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A couple of things. . . .

Lately I have been thinking it is cruel and unusual punishment for anyone to have an only child or to space them too far apart!! It is not only cruel to the child, but also to the parent. I love Lillian don't get me wrong, but lately she has tried my patience and is constantly wanting to be entertained. It gets a little frustrating when you are trying to get the apartment cleaned, go to the gym, get dinner ready, get ready for work, find time to be with Lillian, and try to have a conversation with Sekona as we are passing Lillian to each other. Lillian has had this habit lately of taking a bite of food and then just throwing it on the floor of the car. It doesn't matter if it is gum, candy, chips, cookie, fries, whatever she is eating while we are on the go it ends up on the floor (sometimes with her stepping on it to ground it into the floor). She is not allowed to eat in the car anymore. I know there are some out there who are like me and have a difficult time having another child (I don't blame them. These are my own thoughts.). I just didn't think I would have only one child and then if I am lucky to have another to have them so far apart.

I would like to vent about a Washington State program that was introduced to me over a year ago.... ESIP (Employer Sponsored Insurance Program) which was explained to me as a reimbursement of my medical premiums that I pay to my employer and has nothing to do with my standing on any state funded program (Food stamps, Medical Coupons, etc.). Well, I was told this year that if I would drop Sekona from my insurance then they would be able to reimburse me for him and Lillian (she is on Medical Coupons). Why would I drop Sekona?? What they would reimburse for him wouldn't cover any of his medical costs. So, this year they can only reimburse me Lillian's portion of my employer medical coverage ($84 of the $461.53 I will be paying a month). Then she has the gall to ask me if I was on COBRA!! After I explain that I am not on COBRA and only work 9 months out of the year she tells me to talk to my employer about getting on a 12 month plan, when I explain to her that that is my 12 month plan and that is why I fork out 2 months of medical premiums out of pocket she has the gall to tell me "That is expensive insurance" Well, it is the cheapest of all the plans offered to me. "We still can only reimburse Lillian since she is on Medical Coupons." Whatever, I am grateful for the $84, but what or who exactly is the Employer (mine Evergreen School District or The State). I think the program is screwed up!!

1 comment:

Korbi said...

sounds like a headache to me!! :)