Today, while shopping at Wal-Mart Sekona asked me to move to the side to let a lady pass. I moved to the side, but she was hesitant on passing. Eventually, she asked me if I were planning on having more children. "We would like to" was my response. She responded by saying "You should have more children." This caught me off guard since most people say to stop having children. Again she hestitated and then asks if she could say why. I told her to go ahead and tell me. She again made sure it was alright for her to voice her thoughts, after reassuring her she came closer to me, looked over her shoulder and said, "If you don't mind my saying so, your husband is too hot to not let the genes be passed on. You should have as many children as you can."
Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Mom arrives unknowingly to the park. It is a pretty park (with actual shade by the benches) and some good rides. Lillian is happy to be on the see saw, the 2 big slides and so forth. "Mom, play with me! Ride down the slide with me." Lillian begs. Just then a nice mother with a 3 year old daughter and a 7 month old son show up. Lillian is excited to see another girl to play with. They eventually make it to the swings, where Lillian shows off her swinging ability.
Another mother and child arrive. "Lillian, you have been on the swing for 5 minutes. Why don't you share and let the other little girl swing?" Mom absently asks Lillian. Lillian gets down with no thought and when the little girl, Anna, runs to the swing Lillian is stunned for a moment. Mom suggests playing on one of the other many toys.
Out of nowhere a huge screams belts from Lillian's mouth, "I don't want to. . . . No slide, no tire swing, no nothing." Of course, these responses to all of Mom's pleading to do something else while Anna was swinging. "She's been on the swing a long time." Lillian responds after Anna has been on it for less than a minute. "Lillian remember we are sharing. It is nice to share." Mom calmly reminds her. "I am sharing." She responds in a yell, with other sayings coming out of her mouth and now striking Mom. Mom looks around as now there are 3 mothers with children staring at my child as if something was going to rub off of her and on to her children.
"Lillian, you don't act this way at the park. You keep this up and we are going home." Mom kneels and looks Lillian right in the eye. Still, Lillian was determined to have her say and continue on the path she was on. Mom got up and started walking away towards the car. Now the pleadings were "I don't want to go home. You can't make me go home. Mom wait." Mom as calmly as she can responds to her daughter who has been possessed by some tantrum queen states "We are going home."
Mom thinking it was safe to have her in the car soon learned the errors of her thinking as Lillian kicked the passenger seat in front of her, swinging at anything near her and hitting the window all the while screaming at the top of her lungs, "My bum is hot!" When Mom isn't responding she goes further by screaming "My back is hot! My bum is hot! I need to get out of the seat." Mom calmly shouts above her screams, "When we get home."
Mom and Lillian head into the house with a screaming Lillian. It takes Mom 45 minutes to calm her down. What happen to the innocent girl that started out at the park? Who know what could possess a little girl with the sharing of a swing?
Sunday, September 14, 2008
2. How long did you date before you got married? 5 Months!
3. How long have you been married? In November 11 years!
4. What does he do that surprises you? Just when I am feeling my worst, that is when he gives me the best compliment. Also, his complete faith.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes. I also enjoy his smile.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? How he meets the challenges before him and conquers them, his ability to be a hard worker, and willing to help anyone.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Since our neighbors in TVA knew Sekona was home by him saying "Hey Babe" as he approached the door. So, I guess that is it.
8. What is his favorite color? Black.
9. What is his favorite food? Depends--if he is around Polynesians it is definetly Poly food (Lu sipi, fish, etc.), if it is during his workout stages it is plain chicken, salad, broccoli, eggs, and if it is just normal day anything he can eat!
10. What is his favorite sport? TENNIS and weight lifting.
11. When and where was your first kiss? You will think it is so unoriginal---On our first date behind the Laie temple at the gazebo overlooking the city lights and ocean.
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Probably drive around and look at the different houses and imagining the type we would like to get. That or watch movies.
13. Do you have any children? One miracle baby. Of course, she isn't a baby anymore.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? He doesn't think he can dance, but I enjoy how he dances (even the way he won't show anyone).
15. How old is he? 36.
16. Who said "I love you" first? I'm not sure, but I am betting he did.
17. What is his favorite type of music? Polynesian (tongan, tongan reggae) and hip hop.
18. What do you admire most about him? His strong testimony in the gospel, the loving way he watches over and protects our family, his strong sense of morals.
19. Do you think he will read this? Not unless I tell him it is on here, and then he will probably beg me to change the picture.
20. I tag: Kristen, Vaitaire, Korbi, Ashley, Trish, Lauren
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Work is the same and the transition has been pretty smooth. Of course, today I was told the secretary has a gall bladder situation (possibly surgery) and I am unsure what that means for me. The payroll specialist would like for me to train a little more (I had helped fill in for 6 months last year when a employee was out with heart surgery and hernia surgery.) just in case anything happens and also to keep up on the process. Especially since Jaleit prefers not to do the Kronos part of the desk and I don't mind it.
There will probably not be much added to the blog since not much will be going on except boring work.