Monday, September 22, 2008

Value of NO. . . . and More Kids?

Sunday I was getting Sunday lunch finished while answering Lillian's requests (which most of them happen to be NO) and trying to convince Sekona that we had enough potatoes. Lillian requested something again (it could have been to watch her movie, eat now, play with her, etc.) and again I responded "No." Sekona was giving me red potatoes to mix in with a different variety and I said, "NO." Lillian comes up behind me and says, "Mom, you know that daddy and I don't listen to your No's." What happened to the value of No?!

Today, while shopping at Wal-Mart Sekona asked me to move to the side to let a lady pass. I moved to the side, but she was hesitant on passing. Eventually, she asked me if I were planning on having more children. "We would like to" was my response. She responded by saying "You should have more children." This caught me off guard since most people say to stop having children. Again she hestitated and then asks if she could say why. I told her to go ahead and tell me. She again made sure it was alright for her to voice her thoughts, after reassuring her she came closer to me, looked over her shoulder and said, "If you don't mind my saying so, your husband is too hot to not let the genes be passed on. You should have as many children as you can."

5 comments:

Korbi said...

that is just so great that that lady said that! :)

Deborama said...

Did you kick her in the shin and tell her to stop looking at your husband!? :) You guys did make a beautiful girl, I love the tantrum story! So fun!

tiff said...

No? Whats that? Im glad that its the same in most familys...... My kids just look at me and think are you really serious? Thats really funny that lady would tell you that. I would take that as a complement.... You do have a cute little girl...

Jenny said...

Did you tell Sekona? I don't think we need to inflate his ego...some people say strange things.

Lauren said...

That was too funny! It is great to be married to a man who is as good inside as he is on the outside.