Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Socko?

I don't really understand the word, but lately Lillian has come up with this word: Socko. Now when I ask her what it means, she tells me she doesn't know or know where she heard it. Part of me thinks she made up the word from listening to Sekona talk tongan, but I can't be sure that she didn't make it up while playing with friends. The only thing I do know is that she uses the word in a "name calling" way. Sekona and I have asked her not to use the word anymore but she uses it more and more now. Does anyone out there know the meaning of socko?

1 comment:

Nykreim said...

Maybe she is saying "sucker!" who knows, but I do know the more I tell my kids NOT to say something, they say it more. Dr. Laura suggested that every time they say the word you want them to say, you respond with "Huh, huh, I couldn't hear you, what did you say? huh still can't hear you" and you just draw it out, over and over and act like you can't hear unkind words or whatever it is they are saying. I am going to try it, I'll let you know! :)