Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lillianism's

Lillian and I were heading home from the gym, passing a dairy or feedlot when:

L: Mommy, know where milk comes from?

M: where?

L: The man pours the milk down the cows throat and the cow gives us milk.

M: Close but not exactly right.

Lillian and I discussing President's day and why I am not at work:

L: You're not going to work mom?

M: No, remember today is President's day.

L: Where are my presents mom?

M: You don't get presents on President's day.

L: Remember mom, on holidays it is nice to give everyone a present. So, where is my present? Are you mad at me mom?

M: No, I am not mad at you. It's not presents day, but President's day--like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln's birthday.

L: They get presents how come I don't?

M: I'm sure they did, but it isn't that kind of holiday.

This is Tuesday:

L: Where you going mom?

M: I have to go to work.

L: Why mom? Why can't you stay home, you didn't go to work yesterday.

M: Remember yesterday was a holiday and now today I get to go to work.

L: Oh, so you don't work on Wednesday?!

M: Yes I do--Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thursday, and Friday unless there is a holiday like on Monday.

L: Do you have to go to work?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I want a present too! That was too funny!

Nykreim said...

Me too!! She sounds like so much fun. Wish we knew her better.
Maybe when we get to Seattle....
:)
Crystal