Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A few moments of Lillian!

Here are just a few comments or reactions from Lillian:

Saturday night we were heading out. Sekona went to retrieve something from the pickup and I said, "Daddy is hot!" Lillian, "Daddy isn't hot?!" "He isn't?" Lillian, "No Daddy is cool!" "You don't think he is hot?" Lillian, "Daddy's not hot, he isn't sweating. He is cool!"

Sunday the Primary President was giving a talk in Sacrament. I was trying to get Lillian to sit still, lower her voice and trying to listen to the talk. Sister Morgan was saying something about Primary shouldn't be the sole teaching and that the home should be, something about how children should know how and where they should be and telling parents that as they are out in the halls to question youth on if they should be in the halls and where they should be and then gave the following example. "A few weeks ago, I was roaming the halls when a Sunbeam, Lillian Taufa, came running around the corner. She immediately stopped, her eyes got huge, pointing behind her and said, "My teacher is behind me." Sure enough around the corner came Sister Abrahms and the rest of the Sunbeams. Lillian knew was suppose to be with her teacher." As soon as Lillan heard her name her eyes got huge and in a silly voice said, "That's me. I'm Lillian Taufa. She's talking about me. Oh man!" The Mendez family in front of us were giggling with her responses.

Monday, Lillian and I were discussing and I don't even know what about, but the end conversation was "We're all Tongans." I said, "All of us." Lillian, "Yea, Daddy is Tongan. I'm Tongan. Mommy is Tongan." "I'm Tongan. I didn't know I was Tongan." Lillian, "Yea, I'm Tongan because of Daddy and you're Tongan too."

1 comment:

ShaRee said...

I can just see her saying that...she is so expressive. I am sure that must have been a strange realization for her when she didn't know someone was going to talk about her and then does....over the pulpit! Cute story!