Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving. . . .

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving, I have been thinking a lot of what I am thankful for. Especially if you get caught up in the times of the world (economy, war, politics, etc, etc). So here are some thoughts that I have been contemplating while working on my cardio. . .

10 Things I am Thankful for my Husband:

  1. I'm thankful for his dedication to his family
  2. I'm thankful for how committed he is when he has a plan
  3. I'm thankful for the love and attention he gives me and Lillian
  4. I'm thankful for his testimony
  5. I'm thankful for his concern for those around him
  6. I'm thankful for his patience
  7. I'm thankful for his laughter
  8. I'm thankful for his uncanny ablility to do anything
  9. I'm thankful for his willingness to help out around the house when needed
  10. I'm thankful for his dreams

10 Things I am Thankful for Lillian:

  1. I'm thankful for her ability to be happy at all times
  2. I'm thankful for her never-ending energy
  3. I'm thankful for her imagination
  4. I'm thankful for her love
  5. I'm thankful for her desire to learn
  6. I'm thankful for her ability to love sports (and learn on her own ie swimming)
  7. I'm thankful for hugs and kisses
  8. I'm thankful for her uncanny sense of humor
  9. I'm thankful for her dedication to those she loves (ie imaginary friends, cousins, etc)
  10. I'm thankful for her times of rest

10 Things I am thankful for in my life:

  1. I'm thankful for a great family to love and support me
  2. I'm thankful for my job
  3. I'm thankful for my testimony
  4. I'm thankful for a job that allows me to be home during the day and not too late at night, and that is not too consuming that I don't have energy or patience to deal with things of home
  5. I'm thankful for the gym with a kid's club
  6. I'm thankful for an apartment in which to live and call home
  7. I'm thankful for vehicles that work and can get us to where we need to be
  8. I'm thankful for my friends
  9. I'm thankful for my health (with diabetes and all)
  10. I'm thankful for my ability to be patient, competitive, and understanding

Here are some memories (that don't even have to deal with Thanksgiving):

  1. The Thanksgiving trip we took to Arizona with David and Sharon that included Disneyland. (Leon, Eric, Jenny and I had a lot of fun racing to the rides of our choice.)
  2. The summers of hiking with the family--hearing Peter and Jenny yelling "Whoa Nelly" all the way down the mountain side.
  3. Still in high school during Spring break went to Utah to visit Bret, Shelly and Jerry. Convinced Mom and Dad that I could ride home with someone else and stay with Cindy. Being lost on BYU campus and hoping and praying that the group (Bret, Shelly, Jerry, Cindy, Kevin, Brian, Annette, etc) was going to meet to study on the 4th floor of the library. Jerry telling me he was going to take me to dinner and then waiting until 7 pm for him to pick me up. We went to an all you can eat taco buffet and drinks. Jerry telling me he was going to get his money worth (he didn't eat all day, and his coupon was $5.95 for two after 7 pm, and he also jumped up and down to make sure there was plenty of room in his stomach).
  4. On Valentine's day in Utah, going out to my car to go to class and thinking someone broke into my car to put a single rose in it. To find out it was from Jerry and Peter!
  5. Scarring Frans at a young age at the movie "Jurassic Park". If he hadn't been so adamant that he couldn't get scared, and then asking cousins what was coming next, then I wouldn't have had to scare him!
  6. Being on the sidelines of the football team Peter's Senior Year and seeing everything up close and counting how many he injured on the other team.
  7. Bret, Jerry, Peter, and Frans meeting up with Mom and Dad to be present for my first child's blessing. They may never know how much that mattered to me and words can never express seeing them there and what it meant.
  8. The many times Jenny would come and meet up with me in Provo, and then later the many phone conversations late at night when it was needed. Can't live without our daily phone conversation?!
  9. Jenny's and I trip to Disneyland before she got married. It was quick, fast, tiring, and fun (at least I remember it that way----of course our ride didn't show up to take us to and from the airport, it was early flying, couldn't decide which rides to ride first, meeting Goofy, deep conversations, etc)
  10. The many, many, many times we get together as a family and no matter how long it has been, or who has been added to it, we can get together to laugh and always play cards. There has been many card playing in the years!

None of this is in any order, some other memories may come and I will think "How could I have forgotten that?" I will try not to change anything or add.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Mom and I are reading this on Thanksgiving day while cooking! We have shed a few tears...wishing you were here with us. Really enjoyed your thankful thoughts and memories. Jenny