Monday, January 12, 2009

Holdin' back!

This last weekend I bought Lillian a write and wipe "I can Print" book. Also, convinced Sekona to buy a Leap Frog Clickstart for cheap since it was on a good sale. Lillian has been just floating ever since on her ability to recognize her letters and colors! I sat back as she jumped up and down and her face lit so bright as she wrote a letter. A part of me was wondering if I had been holding back her ability to learn! I forget just because she isn't in school, that she is only 4, that she couldn't and shouldn't still be learning. She practiced her name today. We are still working on putting the letters together. I enjoy watching the aspect of learning and sometimes miss and forget that I should challenge myself to continue to learn.

3 comments:

Deborama said...

Your such a good Mom! It is so fun to watch them learn!

Nykreim said...

Anything leap frog is awesome! My 6 year old loves to do the Leapster Star wars, and it so far a head in math, they haven't even started doing simple math in kindergarten! I wish we were closer, our kids would have so much fun!!
Love you guys! (did you hear we are moving to the SEattle area?)
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Leka loves her click start...it's a great way to reinforce letters & sounds, & such. It's fun to watch them learn!